If you were to ask me what my favorite thing in the world is I’d say cookie dough! I absolutely love to eat cookie dough straight out of the bowl and most of the time I make cookies just so I can get a taste of the dough. So naturally I had to make a cake where cookie dough was the star. This Chocolate Chip cookie dough cake has a cookie dough frosting that you will want to eat with a spoon (tubs and tubs of it lol) I actually made two versions of this cake. One frosted with only cookie dough frosting and the other one frosted with chocolate frosting (recipe here) and topped with cookie dough frosting balls.
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour 3 6 inch cake pans; set aside
- In an electric mixer slowly sift together flour, sugar, soda, salt and cocoa
- Add oil and combine till its forms a mixture like wet sand
- Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and combine thoroughly
- Slowly add in the hot water and mix till combined
- Disburse between pans and bake for 20-25 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted
- 3 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2-3 cups Powdered Sugar (depending on consistency)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 TBL Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk (a little more or less for desired consistency)
- 1 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup regular chocolate chips for garnish
- Cream the brown sugar and softened butter in an electric mixer
- Add the flour and the vanilla and mix until the frosting is creamy and the flour is thoroughly incorporated.
- Alternate the milk and powdered sugar making sure the consistency is good after fully incorporated.
- You may have to add more powdered sugar or milk depending on if its too thin or too thick.
- Add Mini Chocolate Chips and fully incorporate
I frosted the cake layering the frosting in between each layer and then frosting the entire thing with the remaining frosting. To achieve the “cookie dough ball ” look on the sides of the cake you’ll need to double the frosting recipe and use a wide plain tip to dot around the sides of the cake and garish with more chocolate chips ( I used an Ateco piping tip 808)